Staten Island, NY
TO SPEAK WITH ME LIVE ABOUT THIS POSITION CLICK HERE NOW: https://flashrecruit.Com/user/TowanaJohnson
- Provides emotional support to mother and significant other through personal interaction.
- Provides mother with advice on aspects of normal breastfeeding.
- Provides anticipatory guidance to reduce the occurrence of problems.
- Provides information on the effect of foods, medications and home remedies on lactation within the guidelines addressed in training.
- Acts as an advocate for breastfeeding in the community.
- Provides information on additional sources of help to the breastfeeding mother.
- Participates in peer support groups.
- Discuss the following:
- Various positioning techniques for mother and baby.
- Increasing or decreasing breast milk supply, including proportion of hind milk/foremilk.
- Manual expression of breast milk.
- Safe and effective collection and storage of breast milk.
- Keeps accurate records of contacts with mothers using correct forms.
- Identifies the need for referral to the Breastfeeding Coordinator.
- Assists in recruiting candidates for peer counselor training.
- Attends monthly peer counselor meetings
- Attends local, regional or state breastfeeding promotion and support training when possible.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Traveling, carrying breastfeeding support items
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Completion of 21 hours of preparation training provided by the WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator, within probationary period, required.
- Experience with breastfeeding, required.
- Good phone and communication skills, required.
- Certified Lactation Consultant, preferred.