ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Teacher Aide will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides physical and non-instructional programmatic aid to children where assigned
• Assists with supervision of children in assigned non-instructional areas.
• Performs clerical work for assigned areas i.E. Collating, folding, typing, laminating and answering telephones.
• Ensures that services are rendered to children with utmost regard for their personal dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
• Provides necessary program support/coverage.
• Ensures that all data collection and progress notes are completed according to division time frames and they accurately reflect functioning and program standards.
• Follows established classroom activity schedules.
• Assists Special Education Teacher in maintaining a clean and organized classroom.
• Implements universal precautions at all times.
• Assists with toileting and feeding of children as needed.
• Assists with outer clothing of children receiving services on arrival and departure as needed.
• Participates in activities outside of activity room when necessary, i.E. Trips, pool, gym.
• Attends required staff meetings.
• Attends in-service training programs within department.
• Assists with transporting children between buses and building as requested.
• Initiates precautions within established framework to assure that own work is completed in a manner free from recognized hazards.
• Substitutes as an Aide in other classrooms as requested.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with coworkers, employees, children and their parents
• Must maintain confidentiality of children' s records
• Ability to analyze problems and determine corrective measures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED
• Six months of related experience is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift and position children and frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and pushing and pulling of heavy objects such as furniture and/or wheelchairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regular and routine exposure to a variety of unpleasant physical working conditions related to providing personal care assistance to children i.E. Toileting, changing diapers, etc.
• Need to take special precautions in the handling of body fluids.
Immediately chat with me about this job by clicking on or copying and pasting this link in your browser: https://flashrecruit.Com/user/TomasGreer