New York, NY
ProMed Staffing Resources is New York’ s premier medical staffing agency! Since 1999 we’ ve used a personalized approach to placing top quality medical professionals in highly ranked facilities across the greater New York and Tri-State areas.
We offer Per Diem, Contract, Travel Contract, Long Term and Direct Hire positions.
Benefits of Working with ProMed:
- Dedicated recruiter that specializes in your field
- Competitive Rates
- Sign-on, Completion and Referral Bonus
- Weekly Pay
- Transit Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Direct Deposit or Live Check
- Bachelors Degree- Salary range $40-$42k annually
Case Manager is accountable for providing intensive case management and crisis intervention services for clients and their families and other individuals identified as their support system. The incumbent advocates aggressively for clients to obtain a full range of needed services and ensures that the services received are integrated with other services. She/He prepares comprehensive intakes and assessments/reassessments, develops individualized service plans and monitors clients' progress towards meeting their mutually-agreed-upon goals. The incumbent makes appropriate referral internally or externally for other needed services.
Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Knowledge of special needs of individuals living with HIV/AIDS. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Maintains a caseload of at least twenty (20) clients
2. Prepares comprehensive intake and assessments/reassessments of clients, their families and/or support members to effectively evaluate their needs; takes appropriate action
3. Ensures all client documentation is completed on time and is accurate and meets the contract provider’ s requirements.
4. Facilitates the completion of health care proxy forms within three (3) months of clients’ acceptance in the program to comply with the HRA contract. Assists clients with managing their budgets and coordinates with the contract provider to ensure access to entitlements.
5. Monitors clients to assess their progress towards meeting their service plan goals, to offer support and guidance when needed and to assist the client in meeting their desired goals. Promotes clients’ compliance with their medical appointments, medications and monitor possible side effects of the medication.
6. Provides quality case management services in a manner that expedites meeting the contract provider’ s requirements, the program’ s outcomes and Iris House’ s goals and objectives.
7. Provides crisis intervention services by assessing the client’ s needs and providing the most appropriate solutions based on assessment of their immediate needs. Assists in managing the agencies’ response to medical and personal emergencies such as the need for hospitalization, threatened suicide or physical abuse.
8. Establishes relationships or linkages with other community-based providers to ensure services are accessible to clients when needed.
9. Collaborates with other agencies and community resources to refer clients for treatment and/or appropriate services. Collaborates with other departments to ensure that services are fully integrated and that services are not duplicated.
10. Schedules weekly home visits to assess the needs of the client and her or his family members or domestic partner and children when appropriate.
11. Attends and participates in weekly team meetings and/or case conferences; meets with the director for weekly supervision.
12. Participates in creating and maintaining a workplace that values diversity and is free of racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices.
13. Keeps abreast of the latest development in HIV/AIDS issues and concerns by conducting research on HIV/AIDS topics, reading available written resource materials, attending appropriate meetings and workshops and engaging in other useful methods to maintain up-to-date HIV/AIDS awareness.
Education: Bachelors degree in Human Services or a related field.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of case management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of special needs of individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Gregg Cavaluzzi M.S. Ed.
Director of Recruiting
PROMED Staffing Resources
16 W 36th St., 7th Floor
New York, NY 10018
212-719-9600 Ext. 127
“ We have a passion for healthcare and the people that deliver it!”