Central Sterile Tech
- JOB SUMMARY
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for decontamination of soiled instruments, utensils and equipment; proper inspection, assembly, packaging and sterilization; maintaining adequate inventory of supplies. Facilitate endoscopy cases with OR room and instrumentation set up
- ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks equipment for leaks, broken or loose parts, or other defects.
- Purging waste from equipment and sterilizing all tools according to specific protocols.
- Organizes inventory and ensures stock for proper tools for all procedures.
- Performs appropriate decontamination of instruments and equipment.
- Prepares instrumentation and uses appropriate sterilization methods.