Central Sterile Tech
- Sterilize and assemble all of the reusable medical equipment required for surgery, exams, and other medical procedures.
- Responsible for taking inventory and ordering reusable medical equipment for the SPS.
- Work in doctor' s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other settings where medical equipment is used.
- Transport and decontaminate reusable instruments and equipment used for patient care.
- Operate and maintain: washer/decontaminator, steam spray gun, ultrasonic machine, sterilizers, heat sealers, and other equipment and machinery required to complete a process.
- Package supplies according to specifications and appropriate methods of sterilization.
- Follow established guidelines but also uses own judgment for examples in selecting pre-sterilization cleaning methods and sterilization mediums, placement of instruments in trays and substation of unavailable items.
- Updated health documents/Immunization records.