Central Sterile Tech Supervisor
New York, NY
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Check decontamination equipment for proper function.
- Operate equipment according to departmental and manufacturer guidelines.
- Inspect and prepare surgical instruments for cleaning and decontamination.
- Decontaminate surgical instruments, rigid scopes and equipment.
- Receive, tag and process instruments from clinical areas and patient floors.
- Clean and disinfect patient care equipment and build all basic instrument sets for the appropriate method of sterilization.
- Utilize the Instrument Tracking System to accurately document the distribution of trays and individual instruments during the case cart assembly and distribution process.
- Assemble case carts in sequence of the OR schedule in accordance with Pick List.
- Place items in case carts to ensure easy access, visible label and to support good ergonomics.
- Other duties related to this position.