Central Sterile Tech Supervisor
New York, NY
We are currently seeking experienced Central Sterile Technicians for positions in Manhattan! The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years current experience within the Central Sterile & Supply Department.
Responsibilities of the Central Sterile Technician
- Sterilize and assemble all the reusable medical equipment required for surgery, exams, and other medical procedures.
- Responsible for taking inventory and ordering reusable medical equipment for the SPS.
- Transport and decontaminate reusable instruments and equipment used for patient care.
- Operate and maintain washer/decontaminator, steam spray gun, ultrasonic machine, sterilizers, heat sealers, and other equipment and machinery required to complete a process.
- Package supplies according to specifications and appropriate methods of sterilization.Requirements of the Central Sterile Technician
- Graduate of an accredited Sterile Processing Technician program and IAHCSMM certified.
- Minimum of 1-2 years current experience as a Central Supply Technician.
- Knowledge of all equipment (to include reprocessing scopes and mediators) that provide decontamination and sterilization of Reusable Medical Equipment (RME).
- Current American Heart Association basic CPR certification.