Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
New York, NY
2. Promotes improved customer relations with patients and their families. Makes recommendations for improved patient care and the promotion and maintenance of a safe, cost-effective health-care environment.
3. Assists the nurse in providing for all ADL (activities of daily living) needs of patients. Communicates and documents patient status.
4. Assists the nurse and other health team members by performing a variety of procedures, exams, tests, treatments and clerical duties as required by the unit. Communicates and documents all pertinent data.
5. Maintains non-patient and patient care units in a neat and orderly condition; strips patient units upon discharge and prepares rooms for new admissions; maintains necessary stock on all procedure and supply carts; and ensures that all equipment is clean and in its appropriate place.
6. Transports/accompanies patients to various departments, as directed; performs post-mortem care and transports body to morgue.
7. Utilizes proper isolation techniques and established safety, waste disposal and infection control procedures at all times. Follows Medical Center’ s policies and procedures supporting quality assurance efforts in-patient care services.
Acute Care Experience