Charge Entry Specialist
Jersey City, NJ
Other responsibilities/duties are, but not limited too:
- Registration: Using documentation supplied by client in either paper or electronic form enters all demographic information into Athena system as required.
- Charge Entry: Using documentation supplied by client in either paper or electronic form enters all charge information into Athena system as required.
- Medical Coding: Coding processes are conducted only by Client certified Coders or Client. All codes supplied by client must be entered " as is unless specific written instructions are provided by the Revenue Cycle Manager from the practice or by Client Coding Manager.
- TES Edits (IDX) and Claim Errors (Athena): Review and resolves edits as required for timely submission of claims. This does not include coding edits that will need to be resolved by Client Certified Coders or practice.
- Patient Keeper Hold: Reviews and resolves Patient Keeper holds as required by escalation