Client Service Representative
Location - Utica, NY 13501
Duration - 11/26/2018 to 4/26/2019 - Temporary to Permanent
Pay rate - ($13.70-$14.08) - he pay rate is determined by the Hiring Manager after the Interview. It will be based on Education, Experience and Work History
Client Service Representative - Job Description
Excellent communication skills and strong computer skills required. Bachelor or Associates degree preferred, minimum High School Diploma or GED. Your own personal vehicle is required for this role as you may travel to another job site for coverage, training or staff meetings.
1) Conducts face-to-face outreach and enrollment services, including education on managed care options and public health programs, to clients at the offices, provider sites and or community-based organizations.
2) Assists Field Operations Manager and the Assistant Field Operations Manager with selected duties.
3) Assists clients in the enrollment/disenrollment process. Maintains positive relationships with LDSS staff, community groups, and clients.
4) Maintains updated knowledge of the New York Health Insurance Project.
5) Raises issues of concern and/or problems to the Field Operations Manager.
6) Receives, sorts, and processes enrollment/disenrollment forms. Reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and completeness.
7) Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the attached performance criteria.
8) Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
College degree or equivalent experience; knowledge of the community to be served; experience making presentations to groups; ability to follow directions; ability to handle pressure; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
Computer Literacy required proficient in Microsoft Office Applications as Excel, Power Point, and Word. Preferred qualifications include two years of human services experience; or experience dealing with the public; and fluency in commonly spoken languages. Must be willing to travel to the next county for coverage. Own car required.