New York, NY
In this role you will serves as the primary, on-site supervisor and team leader for a designated shift and provides direct clinical and administrative supervision to crisis counselors. Clinical Supervisors provide oversight across different service tracks and hotlines, and provide additional content supervision and consultation for specialized track(s) as necessary.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Provide ongoing clinical, administrative, and technical supervision to direct reports; review application of clinical skills, provide coaching where necessary, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for remediation in consultation with Training department
- Ensure compliance of direct reports with clinical training and supervision requirements
- Conduct contact call monitoring for quality improvement and training purposes; work directly with Quality Improvement Specialist and Associate Director
- Collaborate with crisis counselors in de-escalation of client contacts that warrant supervisory intervention (through coaching of crisis counselor and/or contact with client)
- Adhere to performance-based management approach utilizing key performance indicators to make data driven evaluations
- Maintain responsibility for meeting service levels and maintaining efficient operations during given shift
- Answer hotline calls as necessary to maintain service levels during call volume surges, staffing shortages, and/or when otherwise needed to maintain service levels
- Valid NYS License
- Fluency in the English language, both oral and written
- Active listening skills to establish working alliance with clients and crisis counselors
- Knowledge of mental health resources in the New York metropolitan area
- Efficiency with information-gathering, and problem-solving, and conflict-resolution
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor when handling crisis and abusive contacts
- Superior supervisory skills, as evidenced by effective time management and multi-tasking
- License to practice assessment and/or psychotherapy in NYS State, along with masters degree in in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Three years experience with the practice of assessment and/or psychotherapy, and preferably with administrative/supervisory duties.
- Crisis intervention and/or mental health information and referral services experience a plus. Applicants should be comfortable working independently.