Cortlandt Manor, NY
In this role you will performs a variety of comprehensive housekeeping cleaning duties throughout the entire hospital complex on a daily basis. Interact with all patients, visitors and staff in a pleasant, customer friendly manner, assisting them when possible, or referring them to someone who can.
- Thoroughly clean and make up beds in patient rooms after patient discharge.
- Clean sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, mirrors, wall & floor vents, and wall mounted light fixtures.
- Dust, damp wipe, and polish furniture, telephone, TV sets, etc.
- Collect regulated and non-regulated medical waste from work assignment areas and deposit in designated pickup areas
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Spray, buff floors with low and high-speed floor machines.
- Scrub, strip and apply finishing products (wax) to floors using floor scrubbing machine and low speed floor machines.
- Any other related duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Must be able to read, write and understand instructions in English
- Must be able to climb and lift least 50 lbs.