New York, NY
Provide case and group work services to patients and/or their families during patient' s Hospital stay. Ensures continuity of medical care by referral to appropriate follow-up services.
- Provides direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help clients maximize their functioning.
- Advocates on behalf of the client to ensure maximum access to health care.
- Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by hospital policies and procedures.
- Functions in a consultative and educative capacity with all pertinent individuals or agencies that impact on patients.
- Prepares materials for supervisory conferences.
- May direct the activities of paraprofessional staff, social work interns and volunteers.
- May participate in appropriate research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.