Medical Assistant (MA)
- Prepares examination rooms for examinations and minor procedures, and restocks examination rooms with appropriate instruments and supplies. Maintains cleanliness and order of rooms.
- Escorts patients to examining room and prepares patient for examination; takes and charts vital signs and patient histories, secures consent form signatures, reviews patient’ s chart for up-to-date immunizations, completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews charts of patients to be seen to assure that all progress notes, lab tests and other test results are accurate and complete.
- Assists Physicians with examination procedures by positioning patient, preparing instruments to be used, handing instruments to the Physicians as needed; performs EKG’ s, glucose testing, pregnancy testing as per Physician instructions.
- Review MD’ s discharge instructions. Patient discharge includes, but not limited to: Return appointments; referrals to Specialty Clinics; Complete labs ordered by the MD.; Stamp Prescriptions; Scheduling Appointments; Answers phones; Takes messages.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or when necessary. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.