Medical Assistant (MA)
- Cheerfully greets patients and escorts them to the examination rooms.
- Checks if all of the patient’ s current medications are in the appropriate section of the chart – to be updated each visit.
- Performs electrocardiogram per protocol.
- Assist with various forms of stress testing, which may include coordination with imaging components of testing.
- Drawing bloods - venipuncture
- Notify physician of any significant health changes or hospitalizations.
- Assist in obtaining any necessary reports, hospital records, etc. To assist in patient care.
- Obtain prior authorizations, based on insurance requirements.
- Reviews and assists in completion of forms required by physician prior to examination (e.G., health questionnaire, health history, etc.).
- Notifies physician when patient is ready for examination.
- Assists physician with examinations and procedures as needed.
- Adhere to OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Telephone patient with results.
- Review change in medications, if ordered by the physician.
- Maintain clean and orderly exam rooms.
- Performs other tasks or services deemed necessary by the physician or administrator.
- Assists with scheduling of additional tests and treatments.