Medical Assistant (MA)
- Greets patients in a prompt and friendly manner and prepares patient for exam; in conjunction with clinical team to maintain timely flow of patients.
- Obtains patient medical history and reason for visit; documents accurately, in order to maintain a complete and legally correct medical record. Administer injections and medications as directed by the provider.
- Administer injections and medication as directed by the provider.
- Schedules lab, x-ray, and other tests as directed by the provider. Instructs the patient in routine collection of samples; testing procedures. Provides follow-up lab results and callbacks to patients as delegated.
- Communicates with patients, relays important information to the provider and provides follow-up to the patient. Tasks may include contacting the pharmacy with medication orders.
- Responsible for maintaining clean exam rooms, cleaning instruments and stocking items for use in the exam and procedure rooms.
- Other duties as assigned.