Medical Assistant (MA)
- Document verbal conversations and information into patient record in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Obtain patient signature on Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) according to Medicare requirements.
- Maintain timely patient flow.
- Scheduling appointments and collecting demographic information.
- Prepare patient for visit as appropriate, based on office/provider requirements.
- Obtain specimens (i.E., urine, blood, etc.) from patients as directed by the provider.
- Accurate and timely order entry into the lab system.
- Perform clinical office procedures as directed by the provider (i.E. EKG, PFT, etc.).
- Assist providers with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments