Nurse Care Manager
New York, NY
DEPARTMENT: Medical / Mental Health Services
Responsible for the coordination of appropriate medical and dental care services for children placed in foster care. Ensures that medical treatment and services meet the requirements of the Administration for Children's Services (Client) and the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS).
- Coordinates, monitors and documents the health care of foster children placed within the agency's various foster care program (Family Foster Care, Treatment Family Foster Care, or Congregate Care Programs). Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracks periodic health and dental exams. Notifies foster parents of examinations that are due and follows up with foster parents when appointments are failed and need to be rescheduled.
- Coordinates referrals made to specialty clinics and follows up any recommended tests, treatments or therapies.
- Makes home visits as mandated by the specific foster care program contracts, as needed or requested by Health Care Supervisor.
- Follows up incident/accident reports, emergency room visits, and sick visits to ensure that the prescribed medical regimen is being carried out.
- Reviews and documents all medical and dental reports and coordinates follow-up as directed.
- On a case by case basis, completes or coordinates completion of forms required for specific purposes i.E., school, working papers, camp, and adoption. Etc
- Monitors both medical and dental compliance and intervenes with child, foster parents and caseworker when compliance is in jeopardy
- Attends training sessions (both in and out of agency) as requested by the Health Care Supervisor or mandated by the agency (including NY CANS and LGBTQ)
- Current Licensure by the New York state Department of Education as a Registered Professional Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse if applicable.
- Minimum one year of nursing experience, preferably in pediatrics.
- Current holder of professional liability / malpractice insurance.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Etc.)