New York, NY
- Perform in-home HCBS Eligibility determinations
- Develop HCBS POC in collaboration with patient and family that includes evaluation of health status
- Perform an initial in-home pre-evaluation of patients that includes evaluation of health status, strengths, care needs, and preferences and guides the development of individualized long term care service plans
- Review consumer medical documentation and or health referral forms, as relevant to the case
- Enter evaluation data into electronic evaluation form and transmit, as required
- Document any concerns, conflicting information, other issues that surface during the evaluation process
- Emphasize continuity of care, thus reducing or eliminating fragmentation, duplication, and gaps in treatment plan
- Discuss with consumer on health care options, supports needed, service vendor options and waiver options
- Initiate communication between the Call Center and eligible consumers for enrollment into a managed care health plan.
Ability to review health status questions and make evaluations and determinations based on UAS the UAS-CANS-NY system criteria for enrollment; ability to work with technology in the workplace; knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of general professional nursing; knowledge of state and agency laws and regulations governing general professional nursing practices; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with multi-generational consumers; ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the concerns of others; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and a strong ability to work independently
2+ years of RN experience in pediatric psychiatric / behavioral health; more than 2 years of home health care experience
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Required Licensure: Current New York State License
multaneously; and a strong ability to work independently.
We offer excellent compensation, medical benefits, dental and vison care.
Vacation and sick pay.
For more information call: Kimberly @ 212-719-9600 x 111