- Coordinates the planning, implementation, and evaluation of resident care services on a 24 hour basis.
- Utilizes knowledge of current trends and practice standards of nursing including acute, geriatric, and rehabilitative concepts to coordinate staff responsibility for providing quality care on assigned unit.
- Holds regular scheduled meetings for nursing and ancillary staff to discuss goals and problems in order to promote better nursing care and strengthen staff relationships and rapport.
- Participates in physician rounds, team conferences, special care meetings, and inservices or designates licensed professional to do so.
- Performs required charting according to policy and procedure, or designates licensed professional to do so.
- Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university. Graduation from an approved school of nursing and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Registered Nurse with a current New York State license.
- Previous experience in a nursing home or acute care facility
- Knowledge of MDS and care planning.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing long term care facilities.
- IV certification a plus.
$90, 000, great benefits!