- Maintain a consistent and safe environment for the students
- Assists and accompanies children in all activities throughout the day
- Always maintain positive and supportive communication with every student regardless of their behaviors
- Support the teacher / teacher assistant in delivering an education curriculum to meet child's needs through an individual or small group setting
- Support the teacher / teacher assistant in implement the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and behavior plans for each student.
- Assist in the daily planning of classroom and outdoor activities
- Promote health and safety concepts and social interaction with other students
- Assists teacher in devising strategies to reinforce materials and skills to students