Patient Account and Finance Specialist
Jersey City, NJ
- AR Follow-up:
- Conducts credit balance review on patient accounts and makes determination of refund through standardized policies.
- Conducts processing of refunds for both commercial and patient accounts after careful review of account.
- Communicates to finance department on all patient accounts and credit issues.
- Conducts routine AR Follow-up on Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid by utilizing websites and phone calls to payers. Retrieves necessary documentation (EOB, Check).
- Electronic Remittances Troubleshooting: Troubleshoots issues on electronic remittances from set-up through implementation for new and existing clients. Works with credentialing on ensuring correct setup.
- Credit Balances: Review of credit balances on accounts for possible correction and refund
- A minimum of 3+ years in medical billing with AR and Financial focus.
- Professional certification or formal training or certification in Medical Terminology, ICD-10 and CPT.
- Strong background in multi-specialty professional billing environment conducting AR Follow-up, Payment Posting.
" We have a passion for healthcare and those that deliver it! "