Patient Care Associate
- ssists in maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff by serving/screening for unauthorized individuals and notifying the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates culture competency in interpersonal behaviors. Demonstrates an awareness of the needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups.
- Completes discharges, transfers and expirations into the electronic medical record (EMR=ICIS) in a timely, accurate manner.
- Maintain the flow of computerized and paper documents. Ensures all forms and documents are organized.
- Supports the patient care activities on the nursing unit by maintaining unit orderliness, adequacy of supplies and other resources necessary for patient flow.
- Facilitates communication among unit staff, patients, families, visitors and members of the health care team. Present a positive image at all times while providing information and/or forwarding inquiries to appropriates staff.
- Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and rights.
- Demonstrates accountability for supplies, equipment, and environmental support.
- Assists in data entry every 4 hours for Nstaffing, census daily data collection (NASH).
- Assists in the collection of data for the units Quality and Performance Improvement Program, including Patient Satisfaction and other measures.