Patient Care Associate
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships with families/visitors and hospital staff.
- Reports vital information to all levels of the healthcare team, as needed.
- Conveys needed information to patients and visitors.
- Maintains good communication with co-workers for proper team functioning.
- Communicates pertinent patient observations to members of the health care team.
- Performs direct patient care as assigned for designated group of patients.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, respirations, pulse, weight, and height) using appropriate equipment.
- Apprises the Registered Nurse and health care team of any observed significant changes in the patient' s condition.
- Communicates written and verbal information.
- Responds to patient requests and/or call light.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Functions in an emergency situation as a team member with guidance from supervisory personnel.
- Assists with restrained patients according to established policy.