Patient Care Associate
New York, NY
Offering excellent pay rates and benfits!
- Performs direct patient care as assigned for designated group of patients.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, respirations, pulse, weight, and height) using appropriate equipment.
- Apprises the Registered Nurse and health care team of any observed significant changes in the patient's condition.
- Responds to patient requests and/or call light.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Functions in an emergency situation as a team member with guidance from supervisory personnel
- Assists with restrained patients according to established policy.
- Performs phlebotomy procedures
- Performs telemetry and electrocardiograms, as directed.
- High School graduate or equivalency diploma, required.
- Nursing Assistant Certificate, EKG and Phlebotomy certification
- Minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience, required.