Patient Care Associate
New York, NY
Under direct supervision of the Registered Professional nurse and other licensed nurse, performs activities and procedures of a non-professional nature direct/indirect care of patients and residents, or participates as a member of a treatment, nursing, medical, health care team in implementing appropriate regimens.
1. Performs or assists with all the activities that are within the scope of the service-specific functional job description of Patient Care Associate, Patient Care Technician and Nursing Assistant.
2. Conducts interview of client to obtain routine personal and medical information and appropriate health history.
3. Performs physical care of assigned patients by taking, recording and reporting temperatures, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure, oral intake and output and notifying the nurse of findings.
4. Obtains blood specimens for laboratory testing by performing Venipuncture and/or finger stick testing.
5. Performs blood glucose testing after receiving training and annual retraining.
6. Performs other waived testing procedures (AKA Point of Care Testing) specific to the services after receiving training.
7. Performs 12 Lead electrocardiography.
8. Ensures a safe and secure environment free of hazards to reduce the risk of injury to all consumers (Patients, visitors, and staff).
No Description Found