Patient Care Technician PCT
Patient Care Tech openings for a hospital in Brooklyn
1. Checks vital signs, weighs and measures patients, obtains specimens and records findings on patient' s chart.
2. Instructs patients on how to obtain specimens for laboratory testing and performs basic specimen screening testing through dipstick and hemoccult.
3. Prepares collected specimens for pick-up by labeling and preparing required form(s). Picks-up lab results.
4. Performs vision and hearing testing and simple urinalysis.
5. Administers emergency first aid, including basic life support procedures.
1. A four-year High School Diploma or its educational equivalent; and,
2. Successful completion of a NYS Department of Health prescribed training program for Phlebotomy, satisfactory to the Laboratory Director and appropriate to the workload of the facility.