New York, NY
- Under the general direction of the Phlebotomy Manager, the Phlebotomist will obtain and prepare specimens for analysis.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with patients, patients’ families, medical staff, and co-worker
- Obtains blood specimens and collects non-blood specimens such as urine, sputum, and throat swabs for laboratory testing.
- Checks the test requisition or computer label to assure correctness and completeness prior to collecting samples.
- Follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.