Practice Support Specialist
Jersey City, NJ
Overview: Supporting assigned practices on all aspects of the revenue cycle specifically focused on front end processes but will include resolving payer, provider system set up issues.
- Maintain responsibility for general complex administrative support functions to the department to ensure efficient utilization of time.
- Courteously greets visitors and internal/external staff in person or via telephone, determine their needs and directs them to the appropriate person or office.
- Works with confidential data and electronic records and enters data in complex data systems.
- Front desk workflow, which includes check-ins and outs, collecting copays and the intake process.
- Training practice staff on best practice, conducting root cause analysis, routine reporting and reviews with staff, providers and practice management.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements for this job:
- Excellent communications skills. Will be working with practice staff and providers onsite.
- Billing experience
- Experience in full revenue cycle processes and tasks.
- Excellent systems experience and acuity. (EMR and Billing and Collection Systems). Multi-system and multi-specialty experience. Will use Athena Net
- Must have a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel to different locations as needed.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4+ years in a physician billing environment.