Psych Registered Nurse
New York, NY
Earn $20, 000.
Orientaion in August 8! Quick start.
The Psych Nurse provides professional nursing care on an assigned unit within the Behavioral Health Nursing Department through the use nursing process and Primary Nurse Model. .
- Acts as a primary nurse for assigned patients, establishing a primary relationship to facilitate care and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of theories of growth and development, biological, behavioral and social health patterns associated with adult mental health, trauma informed care and chemical dependency as appropriate for each patient, through the provision of psychiatric mental health nursing care.
- Completes admission assessment, which includes psychosocial, environmental, cultural and physiological factors affecting the patient.
- In collaboration with the patient as defined in the primary nursing model, the staff nurse initiates and implements a written individual recovery plan (IRP) and a personal safety and support plan (PSSP) which is based of individualized needs of each patient and includes development of appropriate coping strategies.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary treatment team members, as well as the patient and their family to formulate goals, plans and treatment options.
- Performs within the interdisciplinary setting as a team leader, teaches guides, or supervises LPNs and supports staff.
- Participates in the orientation process f new nursing employees. Acts in the role of preceptor as designated following training.
- Demonstrates knowledge about patient rights and community mental health laws.
- Demonstrates leadership in organizing and directing crisis team management.
- New York State Registered Nurse License
- BLS Certification
- Two years of acute care Psych experiance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Weekly Check