New York, NY
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide healthcare for students, some with acute illness, chronic illness injury during the school day.
· Administer medications and treatments as indicated and prescribed by a healthcare provider.
· Collaborate with the school psychologists to assess students physically and emotionally and take appropriate steps to address student health needs.
· Maintain health office in clean, orderly and safe condition with special attention to confidential information, inventory management, and safe disposal procedures.
· Utilize clinical judgment in providing case management services.
· Provide leadership in promoting health and safety, including a healthy school environment.
Education and Experience:
· Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of New York
· Current CPR certification
· Experience in school, pediatric or public health nursing