Meet with patients in an Emergency Department to discuss services that would improve the lives of them and their families. By learning about patients' social determinant of health needs, Health Priority Specialists assist patients with navigation to social services programs such as health insurance, food stamps, legal services, and job placement, by helping them connect with community-based providers. Go above and beyond by coordinating services for patients and confirming that their needs were met in the community.
• 2 - 3 years' experience in Primary or Community Health required
• Knowledge of community patient and family needs and of the Hospital and community resources to meet those needs
• Bilingual (English and Russian, Spanish, and/or French Creole)
• Diverse and culturally sensitive customer service skills
• Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills