A CSR in the Outreach Department can expect to work Monday – Friday during regular county operating hours. CSRs provide education to individuals and perform an enrollment, transfer, or complete whatever action needs to be done. CSRs in the Outreach offices also conduct outbound calls and other special projects. We do not determine Medicaid eligibility or manage cases. Our role is very specific and we perform it to the highest level of professionalism utilizing principles of excellent customer service.
We are a community of professionals with a shared goal of helping New Yorkers access health services. An Outreach LDSS office can be a very hectic environment. Our staff members are have the training and support to perform their jobs at the highest level.
After 3-5 months, staff are evaluated for conversion from temporary staff to a direct hire and have access to a generous benefits package that includes holidays, paid time off, and health insurance.
D. General Requirements
* Great customer service skills: be ready to prove your skills straight from the start and show that you have what it takes!
* Ability to learn a new program and apply that knowledge: New York Medicaid Choice is a very involved program. The training period is critical. It' s when you' ll develop the foundation to be successful in your position. Don' t day-dream during training!
* Computer skills: You have to be able to type (the faster, the better!) and know how to use a computer by second-nature.
* Reliability & Trustworthiness: Reliability, trust-worthiness and professionalism are of paramount importance. There' s very little latitude for attendance issues. If you' re someone who says you' ll be somewhere and means it, then this position is for you.
* Can-do Attitude: This is a busy work environment and a supportive one. The most successful CSRs are those that know the program, are congenial with their colleagues, and are self-starters who thrive and perform well with minimal direct supervision.
* Prior Customer Service experience: The CSR position is based on providing great customer service and our staff do it exceptionally well. Having prior experience in a customer service based position provides the foundation to excel in this position.
* Flexibility: Outreach CSRs are expected to cover neighboring sites, as needed. That means having a " home site” with the expectation that you can cover neighboring sites.